21. —It seems quite difficult to find ______ most satisfying life partner.
—Well, you know, marriage is ______ lifelong business.
A. a; B. a; a C. the; D. the; the
22. —John, would you please keep an eye on our pet dog? We’ll be out for a couple of hours.
—______. It will be fine with me.
A. It’s my pleasure B. Never mind C. Go ahead D. Forget it
23. A positive attitude, ______ with willingness to seek appropriate help and
study habits ，will do much to determine how well you do in your studies.
A. concluded B. combined C. conducted D. connected
24. Our new teacher speaks English fluently !
—Yeah, she ______ English in Oxford University for four years!
A. studied B. studies C. was studying D. had studied
25_____ . I could say hello, the foreign guest turned around and went away.
A. After B. Until C. While D. Before
26. This city has built an excellent ______ for its great success in hosting internationally famous sports events.
A. regulation B. assumption C. restriction D. reputation
27. —What is a good boss like?
—It’s hard to say, but I think
he ______ be responsible, determined and creative.
A. can B. may C. should D. would
28. Out there, in the corner of the street, _____ in long, dirty clothes.
A. a woman sat B. sat a woman
C. sitting a woman was D. a woman was sitting
29. ——Who didn’t attend the chemistry class and played football instead?
—______ the naughty boys.
A. It was B. They are C. There were D. That was
30. I’ve read many stories of Leifeng, ______ this is the most touching one.
A. who B. of which C. of whom D. that
31. Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping visited the US in February, warmly ______ when arriving at the airport.
A. to welcome B. welcoming C. welcomed D. being welcomed
32. Country life gives me peace and quiet, which is ______ I can’t enjoy while living in a big city.
A. that B. what C. why D. where
33. General Manager of Walmart. com announced that viewers could watch shows and movies for free
______ watching advertising.
A. in charge of B. in favor of C. in case of D. in exchange for
34. 一What do you think of the Spring Festival Gala of the Dragon Year?
—To be frank, it didn’t ______ me much.
A. appeal to B. belong to C. occur to D. refer to
35. —I want to make a kite to fly.
~ ______ You can easily buy one on the market.
A. Why not? B. Good idea! C. Why bother? D. No way!